Sunday, March 25, 2007

March Broken

After a really great week off with Super Mom and the girls, its back to work/school for all of us tomorrow AM. I'm really glad I was able to take the week off (I used a week of vacation time).



We were ablew to move the girls into separate bedrooms! Action Girl (age 6) is npow downstairs, and Super Girl (age 3) now has theri "old" bedroom to herself but in a bigger bed. The beds could have been bunkbeds, but this seemed like a better thing to do as they have very different sleep patterns. Action Girl is a hevay sleeper and Super Girl is well... not always a sleeper...



On Monday and Tuesday we got a away for a couple of days- went well and included indoor amusemnet park rides and a Toys R Us visit. The girls really do enjoy each other's company.



This week has given me quite a bit of time to some thinking, about things I'm happy with and things that I'd like to work on. I really, really need to get in better shape this spring/summer. Yes, I've said it before this time I may actually mean it. Also both of the girls are fairly energetic sorts, so hopefully it may rub off on me. I also need to keep battling whatever it is in me that makes me such an amazing avoider/procrastinator. Its gotta get better, it really has...



We (the two of us) watched Little Miss Sunshine last night. What a fun film- it had a lot of heart. May watch part of Flags of our Fathers before I go to sleep tonight as I am in need of a WWII fix- don't laugh, WWII non-fiction and refence books have at times kept me sane. I'm reading Children on Men by P.D. James (the one the movie with Clive Owen is based on). Literate sci-fi is such a treat. At least this time I'm doing things in the right order- book first, movie second. Has anyone seen 300 yet?- I'm interested but may not get a chance to see it.



Speaking of literate sci-fi, the season finale for Battlestar Galactica is airing as I type this. I have a deal with my old buddy G. that we're going to watch the finale together. Unfortunatley, he is a few episodes (4?) behind, but we are both taping them so within a couple of weeks, we should be able to watch it. I'll try and write more about BSG sometime soon, but its safe to say that its repuation as one of if not THE best written drama on TV is VERY well-deserved. That show is so good it gives me shivers...



Well, g'night folks.



B.



PS- I am now addicted to Facebook. What a cool site to waste time on!

No comments:

Post a Comment