Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Facing Facts...

Two quick things:

1) To be perfectly honest, my reservation about buying something "bigger" like a Santa Fe has to do with (A) gas consumption for financial and environmental reasons (about 80%) and (B) not wanting the perception that I wastefully bought "more" vehicle than I needed.

2) Like I wrote earlier, it seems like it makes sense to wait to see how we get along listing our house and what we need to spend to do so before I rush to buy a new vehicle. I just had the inspection done on the old Corolla and the only thing it needed to be inspected until March 2011 was a new strut (about $260). Not bad...

B.

1 comment:

  1. The environment reasons are perfectly valid and something you should think about. I don't think you should worry about the rest of us thinking you got "more" car than you need. You know what will suit you best. I do vote highly for the matrix however, it has crazy storage space.

    Old Betsy has survived the winter but we are thinking we may need to replace her soon. Inspection comes up in June so we will see then. But we are thinking new and we are thinking smaller - maybe a Fit? or maybe an Elentra.
    I am with you that every month we don't replace is a month without a car payment. Colleen

    ReplyDelete