Monday, May 10, 2010

The Uncharted Territroy of Mother's Day

Last night I wrote in an e-mail that Mother's Day this hadn't been awful. With mom gone, it seemed more strange than anything else. Odd, maybe... Out of place and wrong...

I took a couple of baskets of flowers and put them on mom's grave. It was the first time I've been there since her funeral in November. Had it been any later in the year (or any other winter, we might not have been able to have her internment until now (or a few weeks ago). We also have yet to pick out her grave stone. Dad's decided that my sister (who died right after birth in 1972) Mom, and he will all have their names on one headstone. Right now my sister is buried about an hour away- we had decided right after mom dies to have her moved so she could be with mom and dad in the community they've called home for the past 30 years.

B.

1 comment:

  1. This is late, but I just want to send a virtual guy hug, my friend.

    ReplyDelete