Wednesday, May 05, 2010

My New Ride: Its Here!


On Monday, I was able to sell my 1998 Corolla and buy my 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe. The last couple of days spent driving it have been a blast. I really, really like it and so do the girls (and my other family and colleagues).

The Great:

  1. The driving position. Its super comfortable, probably the best I’ve ever driven. Its high and visibility is great.
  2. The room. It goes on for miles.
  3. The options, it may not sound like much, but I‘ve wanted to have remote locks and air conditioning for some time. We have both in the other car (a very nice ‘09 Corolla).
  4. The ride: its more comfortable than I expected. Very smooth!

The Things to Get Used to/Change:

  1. Gas mileage. Yep. It takes more gas. Stay tuned as I start to assess the actual mileage. Today I filled it up for the first time and just off the top of my head I think it was $63.50 or about 55 Litres.
  2. It only has winter tires. Mind you they are great (and new) winter tires. I need to get all-season tires on it as soon as possible.
  3. Parking. Its not that hard but I still need some practice.

B.


No comments:

Post a Comment