Tuesday, November 24, 2009

“Its been the worst day, since yesterday.”

LA Irish Punk Band Flogging Molly

 

I had always pictured that I’d have some time to say a real good bye to those with whom I’m closest.  My mom is dying and I don’t think I’m going to get that chance with her.  That said, we part on the best of terms, loved and respected.

 

On Tuesday she entered the hospital after  a prolonged illness at home.  At first we thought she had H1N1, then some kind of bacterial infection, but it now looks like her old nemesis cancer has come back.  No H1N1, no infection… The results of a CAT scan appear to show a number of signs pointing to cancer.  We didn’t know, but I’m not sure there was much we could have done if we had.

 

Mom was last awake coherently Wednesday evening and I saw her then and we had some time alone.  Right now, Mom is asleep all the time.  She’s still being treated but nothing seems to be making a great deal of difference aside from keeping her stable.  She is fading, though.

 

Sorry to just dump this news here, but I do try to write about what I’m going through.

 

B.

No comments:

Post a Comment