Saturday, August 16, 2008

Soccer 2008 Warp-Up

Thursday was the last evening for a very long and very great soccer season. As an U-6 coach, I was quite happy with several things:

1) I did not make a fool out of myself,
2) We had a great team which included a fantastic group of 4, 5, and 6 year old boys and girls, and
3) My co-coach knew stuff, and his sporting experiences as a child had obviously been far more positive than mine.

(Slight) Regrets:

I regret that I didn't get a chance to:
1) Transform myself into a masked, caped coaching super hero known as "Senor Footballo,"
2) Have a live mascot for our team,
3) Watch more of my older daughters U-8 games, and
4) Have a better chance to tell each of our players how very proud I was of each of them.

We made trading cards for each of our players as an extra "way to go" item and they each got a team picture and a medal.

It was a whole lot of work but it was some work with which I'm pretty pleased.

B.

No comments:

Post a Comment