Friday, July 18, 2008

Back to Work, On and Off the Field...

Today (Friday) is the last work day of my first week back to work. As much as I hate to admit it, this week has gone well. Here are some highlights, though:

  1. Monday I was so tired I feel asleep right after supper (me, the king of all night owls).
  2. Things are manageable at work. I'm behind, its hard, and there no shortages of crises, BUT things are under control.
  3. Last night at soccer my "co-coach" was out sick. Flying solo was a different experience. I'm better at the relationships than the skills. I was better in the game than in the practice/drills. That said, I'm comfortable with my game show. The funniest time was when our team and the other team seemed to all succumb to a case of mass distraction, totally ignoring that the ball was in play waaaay down on the other end of the field. I gently picked up one of our players and transported him down the field towards the ball. You had to be there...
  4. Tonight, the girls want to sleep outside in the tent. I will be with them, although our air mattress is only big enough for two.

Later,

B.

No comments:

Post a Comment