Monday, July 12, 2010

Stuff that reminds me of Mom: Philips Turntable

Happily, I have a number of memories of Mom that involve records and music. Neither of us were hardcore fans of any particular music (although I came close in my devotion to U2). But, we both liked a number of different types of music and she was always willing to listen to whatever I suggested and played for her.
Last week, I collected a number of cassettes to which I knew Dad would never lsiten. He recntly bought a turntable with a recordable CD drive on it. We tried copying a one record so far and results have been mixed. I'll write more about the cassettes in a future post.
My dad's biggest objective of the last few months has been to get the basement cleared out of stuff that he will not need and which are not pricless family heirlooms. I help when I'm able and last week I decided to tackle our 1970-ish vintage Philips "portable" turntable. Its an item with which I associate a lot of good memories, including at least one birthday party. Here it is.
























No comments:

Post a Comment