Saturday, April 17, 2010

Our life this April

April has so far been a busy but wonderful month. Last weekend we drove about four hours on Saturday to see my aunt before she moves to Ontario to live. At 93 years-old every visit with her is something very special. She’s my Dad’s older sister and has served as a de facto grandmother for his side of the family. Happily she’s lived the last seven years with her daughter and is going up to live with her son “because if I’m there for seven years, I’ll be 100!”

Last Saturday night held a delicious and meaningful dinner with cousins and their spouses, some whom I hadn’t seen in 15 years. It was great.

The next day (Sunday) we spent the day with Super Mom’s youngest brother, his wife, and their too cute to actually be real daughter- our one and only first cousin! She is the beautiful child who makes me Uncle Binky.

The only down side is that we over-estimated the feasibility of five of us stuffed into my dad’s Saturn Aura sedan. Oh well… Live and learn (easy for me to say- I wasn’t in the back seat!).

B.

No comments:

Post a Comment