Monday, March 03, 2008

LOST: "The Constant" Feb 28-08 Part II

Last night, we had a chance to watch a copy of the "The Constant." As someone had suggested me to on Facebook, I think this was one of, if not "the", best episode so far this year. Desmond's tightly written back-story was coupled with the urgency of his time hopping made for an exciting ride for which I was glad to be on the bus. In fairness, the taped copy someone had lent me had no commercials and this added to the experience.

I've been hoping for some Desmond back-story for a while. When did they shoot it to get him with short hair. Realistically, they must have filmed it some time ago/at the same time as his original shooting. This fills me with some confidence as its the best evidence I've seen in a while that the writers have a plan (and that its a good plan).

I would love to "read" the Black Rock ship's log. That would be a back-story episode I could stay awake to watch.

A Couple of nit-picky points: Desmond's squad leader orders the squad to make a "right face." This is solely an American term, not a British (or Canadian) term. Also, Penny Whitmore has wedding and engagement rings on her right hand when she's talking to Desmond on the phone. By the way, how exactly do telephone calls to mysterious islands (which may or may not be Purgatory) work? Do they have their own area code? Or, is it a party line? How is it that Penny keeps "calling" the ship when she's trying to get the Island?

Does anyone else think that Charles Whitmore was a little scared of Desmond? There was something a little off in their interactions...

I'd like to see some more Desmond back-story. In fact I'd love to see what he gets charged for- now that we know that he's in the Army in 1996, too late for the first Iraqi War and probably too early for the second. This means no Sayid/Desmond in Iraq connection. Oh well...

B.

No comments:

Post a Comment